Day 1: Wayanad
Arrive at Calicut. Pick up from Calicut airport / train station and transfer to Tea Planters Bungalow, Wayanad (approx. 2.5 hrs. drive) situated at Achoor Estate on the way to Banasura Sagar dam. On arrival, Check-in to the bungalow. Meals will be served hot at the bungalow as per the standard
menu (Veg / Non-Veg). Overnight at the Bungalow.
Overnight : Tea Planters Bungalow, Wayanad
Meal Plan : Lunch & Dinner
Activity : Transfer from Calicut to Wayanad
Day 2: Wayanad
The day is free for experiencing the Tea Tourism activities conducted at the Estate. After breakfast head for a planation visit and plucking experience, where you will be getting the opportunity to try your hand in tea leaf plucking and to interact with local pluckers. Post that we will take you for a guided visit of one of the largest Tea Factories in South India, where you could understand the manufacturing process. After the tea factory visit, you may visit our Tea Museum to understand some history about tea cultivation and the different types of tea. You could also taste different teas by participating in our Tea Tasting experience. We will wind of the tea tourism activities with a cup of tea & snacks as our Tea Museum Tea Bar. Post lunch, if you are an adventure enthusiastic, you can experience a flight on the 500 m Zipline across the tea plantations near to the bungalow itself. Evening, you have the option to visit Pookode Lake or Banasurasagar dam and do some boating. Return to the Bungalow for overnight stay.
Overnight : Tea Planter’s Bungalow
Meal Plan : Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Activities : Tea Plantation Visit, Tea factory Tour, Tea Museum visit, Tea Tasting, Zipline
Day 3: Wayanad
After breakfast, proceed for full day sightseeing at Wayanad. Visit Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary, the second largest wildlife sanctuary in Kerala and take a jeep safari for seeing the wildlife. You also have the option to visit Edakkal caves, that is famous for its paintings of figures and symbols that dates back to the 6000 BC. Way by if time permits, you could also visit Kanthampara Waterfalls – One of the most beautiful waterfalls in Wayanad. Drive back to the Bungalow for overnight stay.
Overnight : Tea Planter’s Bungalow, Wayanad
Meal Plan : Breakfast & Dinner
Activity : Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary, Edakkal caves, and Kanthampara Waterfalls (Direct Payment for the activities)
Day 4: Depart
Check-out after breakfast and proceed on your onward journey.
Tour Cost: INR 11050 /- Per Person on Double Occupancy (Based on 2 Pax Travelling)
- Accommodation for 3 Nights at 100 year old Tea Planter’s Bungalow, Wayanad
- Meals as mentioned (Standard set menu)
- Estate activities as specified on complimentary basis
- Water & light refreshments(Seasonal Fruits/ Toffees) during the activities
- Pick-up and drop from Calicut Airport / Railway Station
- Vehicle for sightseeing and activities
- Entry fee for External activities (Banasura Dam visit, Pookode Lake, Muthanga wildlife Sanctuary, Edakkal cave Visit, Kanthampara Waterfalls and any other similar fees
- Any Items not specified above
Terms & Conditions
- All trips and prices shown are subject to availability and can possibly change without notice.
- Itineraries may differ from advertised due to circumstances beyond our control.
- The tour is subject to weather conditions.
- The full advance payment for the tour needs to be paid to confirm the booking.
- Meal charges will be applicable for children above 6 years @INR 600 per day ( 3 meals)
- Extra bed charges will be applicable for children above 12 years @INR 750 per day
How to reach?
By Air: Nearest airport is Kozhikode International Airport, 80 km away. From the airport one can take a cab to reach Tea Town Kerala at Chundale, Wayanad.
By Rail: Kozhikode (Calicut) is the nearest rail link at 70 km away. From the railway station one can take a cab/ or else take a bus from the KSRTC stand to the nearest town at Vythiri / Chundale and then take a local transport.